Thursday, January 13, 2011

Introducing Death From Ablog 2011!

Hello!
My name is Pat Testa. I'm currently a freshman at Loyola University in New Orleans, majoring in music industry studies. I'm currently enrolled in the class "Protest & Pop Music," a seminar class centering around the interactions between music and politics. This pertains to me especially, as music and politics are two major interests of mine. In fact, I play in the dance-punk Cute Machines, and many of our lyrics, penned by myself, are politically and philosophically inspired.

I imagine a society far less controlled and in turn more free. I consider myself a minarcho-capitalist, parter of the larger libertarian movement, meaning that I believe in a government that protects only basic inalienable rights - life, liberty, and property - rather than going to great lengths to regulate and control. I am a proponent of individual responsibility, and I believe that ties directly to my creative nature. I want to have free and unlimited bounds to create, buy, and sell as I please, and associate with those who want to participate.



Musically, I am greatly inspired by a number of political groups, as well as non-political groups. Some of the former include Rage Against the Machine, System of a Down, The Who, Sex Pistols, and punk music in general. Other groups and artists that have influenced and transfixed me include The Beatles, Sufjan Stevens, Say Anything, LCD Soundsystem, Kanye West, The Decemberists, and Ben Folds.


In the future, I will be maintaining this blog to post frequently about current events as well as past movements in the politico-music world. I believe freedom of creative expression is vital to a thriving and progressive society, especially in our increasingly open and informative world. I want to underline the change music has helped create; it must be appreciated and learned from.

More soon!

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment